Wednesday 27 July 2011

HIGH TECH MEETS LOW TECH

I heard about the QR-3D project on The Make Lounge's facebook page and decided to have a go at making something.  As there were already so many cross stitch and embroidery projects on the website, I decided that I needed to do something slightly different (and, possibly more awkward!)  So I grabbed an old tablecloth....

I started by mapping 'The Grid' (there's an in-joke there, which will become clear when the link is revealed!) and gathered a hell of a lot of buttons.



Then I started sewing...
   And sewing....
And sewing...
And so, three and a half weeks, about 700 buttons and one giant leap towards arthritis later, I have a cushion fit for a pearly king!
Unsurprisingly, it does not scan (boo hoo), but here's the link which will take you to the coolest website in the world...
Click on the 'Stuff' page and while away the hours :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment